Tuesday, January 1, 2013

365 days of 2013

January 1, 2013 - Happy New Year!

I have to say I am exultant to be putting 2012 in my rearview mirror ("happy" or "very happy" just didn't work here, so I had to go with "exultant" filled with or expressing great joy or triumph).  Although, with time, I believe I will look back at 2012 as a turning point in my life...for the better.  But right now it feels like I just survived the year...because in 2012 the following things were part of my life:

- sold my home of 10 years
- sold most of my belongings (except for the most personal)
- lost my consulting job
- ended a 6 year relationship (which ended in a way I won't disclose here...I'll just say it was a painfully difficult ending)
- closed the business I started in 2007
- moved from a city, and away from friends, I have lived in since 1994 (18 years)

I'm not saying these things for pity (I know there are others that have it much more difficult than I), I'm just stating the facts in closing the door on 2012.

Now that I've said that, let's look forward to and plan for 2013...

I first started this blog last year with the goal to live up to my thought of << каждый день >>, or "every day"...bringing something new every day. Because, as we all should learn at some point in our lives, we only get to be and become our true selves by the effort we make everyday. I didn't do a great job of posting every day after I started this blog, but I was reviewing the blogs that I follow the other day and found this post from Elsie at "A Beautiful Mess" right after Christmas:

http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/12/lets-try-a-365-project-.html

That post gave me new goals for this year (1) post a self-portrait here every day and (2) renew my goal to share a new thought or idea here every day. So, without further adieu, let's start 2013...

January 1, 2013 - self-portrait


location: parents home in Rapid City, SD

This photo was taken immediately following the removal of a goatee I started for Movember, and kept thru December...just because:



No comments:

Post a Comment